The Oropesa Yatch Club, as the entity that manages and directs the Marina, is dedicated to the management of the facilities, which includes attention to members and users, mooring services, rental for passers-by of boats, dry dock service , handling of boats for launching and wintering, supplying fuel to boats and organizing nautical sporting events, is aware of its commitment to society for the prevention of pollution, the environment where it carries out its activities, always from an awareness perspective environmental compliance with applicable legislation.
This commitment is specified in this "Environmental Policy" based on the following guidelines:
- Ensure compliance with the expectations of the interested parties
- Maintain an attitude of trust and cooperation with the administrations, being respectful of legal and regulatory obligations, with the intention of participating and contributing to the improvement of the society of which we are part.
- Implement the Blue Flag principles for marinas, following the ADEAC-FEE criteria.
- Local commitment to quality tourism at the destination, passing evaluations and following the manual of good practices.
- Link a commitment to the close social environment, creating synergies between the Nautical Club and the community of which we are part.
- Establish agile contact with the different official or private organizations as a system to achieve joint cooperation to improve the environment.
- Compliance with current legal regulations
- Apply compliance with applicable legal and regulatory standards in the performance of our activity.
- Maintain the implemented Environmental Management System, based on the ISO 14001 standard, updating manuals, procedures, instructions and documents.
- Carry out audits of the Environmental Management System, which demonstrate its correct adaptation.
- Establecimiento de objetivos y metas
– Aportar los recursos necesarios para conseguir los objetivos medioambientales establecidos.
– Realizar un seguimiento periódico mediante indicadores de modo que se asegure la mejora continua.
- Customer satisfaction
– Entender de manera continuada las necesidades y expectativas de nuestros socios y usuarios con la finalidad de aumentar su grado de satisfacción con el Club Náutico.
– Responder a las posibles reclamaciones de los usuarios.
– Concienciar al personal sobre la importancia de conocer las necesidades de los clientes, para que aporten mejoras y logremos la satisfacción de estos.
- Relationship with suppliers and / or subcontractors
– Realizar una selección y evaluación continua de proveedores y subcontratistas, asegurándonos poder ofrecer el mejor servicio a nuestros clientes.
– Colaborar con la hostelería, así como empresas de servicios náuticos internas y externas, para el cumplimiento de las buenas prácticas del código de conducta ambiental.
- Staff involvement
– Formar de manera continua a todo el personal aplicando el plan de formación y evaluando la eficacia de dichas acciones.
– Hacer partícipe al personal en la detección de oportunidades de mejora.
– Evitar la aparición de desviaciones en el desarrollo de la actividad mediante controles operacionales y vigilancias ambientales.
- Comply with the applicable legal regulations regarding the prevention of occupational risks.
- Respect and conservation of the environment
- Bet as much as possible for sustainable development.
– Invertir en energías renovables y el autoconsumo mediante instalaciones fotovoltaicas.
– Reducir y compensar las emisiones de CO2 calculando la Huella de Carbono de la organización.
– Gestionar la recogida selectiva de residuos peligrosos y no peligrosos.
– Identificar los aspectos ambientales y su impacto desde una perspectiva de ciclo de vida.
- Sensitize, train and educate employees, users, professionals in the sector and leased premises on good internal environmental practices.
– Divulgar los comportamientos adecuados en las zonas protegidas y reservas naturales presentes en nuestro entorno.
– Fomentar el respeto de la flora y fauna marina entre los navegantes cumpliendo las normativas sobre navegación, vedas y pesca.
- Optimize water consumption, especially in boat washing processes.
- Reducir la carga contaminante del agua vertida procedente del lavado, evitando la contaminación marina.
- Promote the use of biodegradable or ecological chemical products.
– Prevenir la contaminación, utilizando racionalmente los recursos, reduciendo los consumos y las emisiones a la atmósfera.
– Ser conscientes del impacto ambiental que pueden provocar los eventos náuticos deportivos que organizamos, para ello establecemos un código de conducta específico.
La Junta Directiva del Club Náutico de Oropesa, se compromete a revisar la Política Ambiental, asegurándose que todos los compromisos son coherentes con los objetivos de la organización, así como con las expectativas y necesidades de las partes interesadas.
En Oropesa del Mar, a 16 de marzo de 2022.
The greatest satisfaction of the Oropesa Yatch Club is having been awarded the Blue Flag. The Blue Flag is an award for environmental quality, which is awarded to marinas that make a special effort regarding good local environmental management and nature, and which provides users with information on environmental issues. To obtain the Blue Flag, the marina has to reach a series of requirements, which refer to environmental education and information, environmental management, services and safety and water quality.
Furthermore, the Oropesa del Mar Yatch Club is the only marina in the province of Castellón with a blue flag as an identifying symbol of high environmental quality and good services and safety for users. Likewise, the Oropesa Marina has also recognized the ISO 14001 Quality Standard for Environmental Quality.
Our commitment to the environment
Develop a series of strategies in which lines of action are defined that allow us to carry out a correct management of our activities and services in accordance with the requirements demanded by the ISO 14001 standard.
Establish initiatives that ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations, at the same time as the demands of members and clients or other environmental requirements applicable to the activities carried out in the club. To do this, it will promote the participation of all staff and users in the protection and improvement of the coastline in which we find ourselves, through training and awareness-raising mechanisms, focusing on communication at all levels.
Establish the technical and economic resources necessary to curb pollution and prevent it at the origin, as well as prevent and eliminate, as far as possible, any impact that may be caused on the environment as a result of its activities.
Guarantee monitoring of all those activities and services provided, establishing continuous improvement mechanisms, ensuring with them the evolution of both the environmental quality of the OROPESA YC, and the services provided.
Define and periodically evaluate environmental objectives in order to promote continuous improvement in our activities and services.These commitments must be disseminated, from the Board of Directors, to all the staff, partners and clients of OROPESA DEL MAR YATCH CLUB so that, once understood, they are applied and kept up to date by all.
What is the blue flag?
Blue Flag is an award and a certification system for environmental quality created and managed by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) in 1987. The FEE is made up of almost 74 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), one for each participating state . ADEAC is the responsible member for Spain of the FEE.
The objective of FEE is to promote, at an international level, environmental information and education, through Programs such as Blue Flag, Eco-schools, Young Reporters for the Environment, The Green Key and Forests in School or other actions that promote sustainable development of tourism and local communities, in line with the Local Agenda 21 of the Rio Conference.
The FEE awards each year the Blue Flag to beaches, ports and boats, which reach the criteria that are periodically reviewing, agreed upon and increasingly demanding of legality, health, cleanliness, safety and information and environmental management, summarized in the attached pictograms.
Blue Flag is financed and currently has the support of more than 40 governments, some 200 regions and territories, more than 2000 coastal municipalities, as well as a good number of Universities, Foundations, etc. Added to this is the initial solo support of the European Commission, which has been taken over, by extending the Campaign worldwide, two United Nations agencies, UNEP, directed to the Environment and the World Tourism Organization , as well as the EUCC, IUCN, ICOMIA etc.
In Spain, the State Tourism and Environment authorities have been lending their support to the Blue Flag Campaign, through the DG for Coasts, the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP), health / environmental authorities of the 10 Coastal Autonomous Communities and the more than 250 coastal municipalities and a hundred participating marinas, which contribute more than 800 annual applications. ADEAC currently collaborates also with universities, NGOs and specialized entities such as the ONCE Foundation, especially in training, Blue Flag Centers and Annual Thematic Awards.
Some facts about the blue flag
The Blue Flag is an award granted by the Environmental Education Foundation (FEE), a Non-Governmental Organization of an environmental nature, represented by national organizations in some 40 countries on 4 continents.
- The Blue Flag is an award for environmental quality that is awarded to beaches and marinas.
- The Blue Flag mainly covers four areas:
1) Information and environmental education
2) Environmental management
3) Security and services
4) Water quality
- The Blue Flag is a one-season award and the award is valid only as long as the requirements are met. When this is not the case, the authorities responsible for the port must lower the Blue Flag.
- Each national FEE organization inspects Blue Flag sites during the season.
- You can help the Campaign by also taking part in protecting the environment:
- Follow the instructions of the environmental code of conduct in the marina and its surroundings
- Use environmentally friendly products for paints, detergents, etc.
- Report contamination or other violations of environmental regulations to authorities.
- Save water, electricity and fuel.
- Encourage other navigators to take care of the environment