ISO 14001 environmental certificate
Clean port with blue flag
What is the blue flag?
Blue Flag is an award and a certification system for environmental quality created and managed by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) in 1987. The FEE is made up of almost 74 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), one for each participating state . ADEAC is the responsible member for Spain of the FEE.
The objective of FEE is to promote, at an international level, environmental information and education, through Programs such as Blue Flag, Eco-schools, Young Reporters for the Environment, The Green Key and Forests in School or other actions that promote sustainable development of tourism and local communities, in line with the Local Agenda 21 of the Rio Conference.
The FEE awards each year the Blue Flag to beaches, ports and boats, which reach the criteria that are periodically reviewing, agreed upon and increasingly demanding of legality, health, cleanliness, safety and information and environmental management, summarized in the attached pictograms.
Blue Flag is financed and currently has the support of more than 40 governments, some 200 regions and territories, more than 2000 coastal municipalities, as well as a good number of Universities, Foundations, etc. Added to this is the initial solo support of the European Commission, which has been taken over, by extending the Campaign worldwide, two United Nations agencies, UNEP, directed to the Environment and the World Tourism Organization , as well as the EUCC, IUCN, ICOMIA etc.
In Spain, the State Tourism and Environment authorities have been lending their support to the Blue Flag Campaign, through the DG for Coasts, the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP), health / environmental authorities of the 10 Coastal Autonomous Communities and the more than 250 coastal municipalities and a hundred participating marinas, which contribute more than 800 annual applications. ADEAC currently collaborates also with universities, NGOs and specialized entities such as the ONCE Foundation, especially in training, Blue Flag Centers and Annual Thematic Awards.
AS A USER OF THE CLUB, YOU CAN HELP BLUE FLAG:
- Follow the directions of the attached pictograms and of the yacht club staff.
- Respect the local nature and limit the use of water, electricity and fuel.
- Help us with your criticisms or suggestions to maintain the desirable level of environmental quality.
- Contact ADEAC, by mail, fax or e-mail, including name, location and Blue Flag port, date, time, problem or suggestion for improvement and contact address to respond to you.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A BLUE FLAG PORT:
- Information on the objectives and criteria for awarding the Blue Flag.
- Updated data on the quality of the facilities. When the required quality is not reached, the Club must lower the Blue Flag and notify ADEAC.
- Information, where they exist, on the natural areas bordering or close to the club.
Our commitment to the environment
Develop a series of strategies in which lines of action are defined that allow us to carry out a correct management of our activities and services in accordance with the requirements demanded by the ISO 14001 standard.
Establish initiatives that ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations, at the same time as the demands of members and clients or other environmental requirements applicable to the activities carried out in the club. To do this, it will promote the participation of all staff and users in the protection and improvement of the coastline in which we find ourselves, through training and awareness-raising mechanisms, focusing on communication at all levels.
Establish the technical and economic resources necessary to curb pollution and prevent it at the origin, as well as prevent and eliminate, as far as possible, any impact that may be caused on the environment as a result of its activities.
Guarantee monitoring of all those activities and services provided, establishing continuous improvement mechanisms, ensuring with them the evolution of both the environmental quality of the OROPESA YC, and the services provided.
Define and periodically evaluate environmental objectives in order to promote continuous improvement in our activities and services.These commitments must be disseminated, from the Board of Directors, to all the staff, partners and clients of OROPESA DEL MAR YATCH CLUB so that, once understood, they are applied and kept up to date by all.
Algunos datos sobre Bandera Azul:
The Blue Flag is an award granted by the Environmental Education Foundation (FEE), a Non-Governmental Organization of an environmental nature, represented by national organizations in some 40 countries on 4 continents.
- The Blue Flag is an award for environmental quality that is awarded to beaches and marinas.
- The Blue Flag mainly covers four areas:
1) Information and environmental education
2) Environmental management
3) Security and services
4) Water quality
- The Blue Flag is a one-season award and the award is valid only as long as the requirements are met. When this is not the case, the authorities responsible for the port must lower the Blue Flag.
- Each national FEE organization inspects Blue Flag sites during the season.
- You can help the Campaign by also taking part in protecting the environment:
- Follow the instructions of the environmental code of conduct in the marina and its surroundings
- Use environmentally friendly products for paints, detergents, etc.
- Report contamination or other violations of environmental regulations to authorities.
- Save water, electricity and fuel.
- Encourage other navigators to take care of the environment
Area de aparcamiento
Agua limpia, no desechar residuos
Recepción de aceite y residuos peligrosos
Equipamiento de incendios
Electricidad y agua en el barco
Cumplimiento de la normativa marítima
Limpieza de barcos y area de reparación
Sentina y servicios bombeados